Problem Statement: Make a console based java application which support CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) operations for e-commerce domain.
Application should be able to support following features:
- Any user should be able to sign up, log in and log out.
- Admin should be able to add, update and delete products.
- Logged in user should be able to browse products.
- Logged in user should have a shopping cart where user should be able to add multiple products.
- User should have ability to checkout and total payable should be displayed while checkout
- User should have following attributes: name, user id, address, date of birth
- Product should have following attributes : name, product id, description and price
- User and Product information should be persisted in database
- Console should have option for all the operation mentioned above
What will you learn from this?
- Designing classes to store the user and Product information
- Taking input from console and storing into models
- Persisting data in database
- Database table design
- Coding best practices like naming of variables, class names, designing helping and service classes
Note: Beginners may get stuck in database connection. It’s advisable to complete this assignment using in memory data structures like list, map, set instead of database in the first phase. As a second stage, you can attempt to do the same assignment using database.